Wednesday 11 July 2007

Blind date 30/07/07

I am not one who finds it easy to find a decent man to date. Not saying that there is not one out there but I seem to have a beacon for odd bods. This weekend was no exception.
Gumtree.com a brilliant website for getting everything you need from jobs to irons, somewhere to live somewhere to holiday but please do not expect the guys seeking girls to be any more truthful than cream that can give you Jodie Kidd legs!
I read an add that appealed to my sarcasm and my boredom. We talked and text for a few weeks and then on Saturday we arranged to meet in Camden. I love shopping and generally being in Camden as it is such a charged and yet relaxed place. Anyway I had never been out during the evening in Camden so was looking forward to it. After being tapped up for £3 by a homeless lady it took 20mins for me to find out what pub I was to meet him in. I should have known from the offset, he was not willing to come and get me from the tube leaving his pint, that we were not going to get on. We sat and chatted in the pub and then it happened. The inevitable shit that falls from peoples mouths and instantly turns me cold. I have always wandered if the people saying it can see my expression change or see from my body language? We were talking about concerts and the fact I have never been to one. When asked if I had ever seen any famous or semi famous bands I said I had seen the same band play and The Windmill in Brixton about 4 times and did that count? " Do you feel safe in Brixton" I frowned so he repeated " Do you feel safe in Brixton?" I asked if this was because Brixton is seen as a Black populated area (which it isn't but hey just goes to show how shallow people are). He then proceeded to tell me that they are scanks, they wheel and deal and are not shy who knows it. I pointed out that all races 'wheel and deal' and he started to look sheepish. Pratt. I would have loved for my friend to have just appeared, all 7'3 Barbados dreaded lot of him. But I remained polite and just ignored his comment. Over the weekend though and even through the week it has eaten at me. What an arse!! It winds me up something cronic that people can be so friggin superficial (not sure if thats the right word but its the most polite I can think of). How dare they put people into slots. Grrrrrrr
ANYWAY! We went from there to a pub 'Full or wierdoes'. Well I did not come across a single one. All I found was really nice people cramped into a tight space and not once did I get elbowed or my drink spilled or nasty looks or anything. Even the que for the loo was calm and people just chatted to one another. On my escape outside I met this really nice girl from Brittany called Gaelle. Between her and her friends they made my night, as did the rather cute chemist science due called Alex, much with the yumness! Would be happy as larry if I saw either of them again as was nice to be me. Anyway I have decided Camden is great and I have to go there again, even if the tube journey does make me grow spines and fangs! As for my blind date, well if I was to see him again it would be under duress or sedation!

2 comments:

Hammy said...

You weren't blind for too long, cuz.

Susan Ham said...

Have you logged on to hammysmum blogspot yet? Glad to know you a blogging. Have fun. See you on the Net.